cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Conference, Audio Problem!

N/A

This is a fantastic facility when it works. Sadly I am having great trouble either with my or my contacts audio. We exchange webcams ok . I get their audio, but they do not get mine. I have tried Firewall off, no help. Audio mike and speakers are working fine all the time at my end.
I am using MS Messenger, XP and Brroadband. (also Norton virus checker?)

Any ideas to solve this problem would be most appreciated. :idea:
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

A couple of things... when you say you've turned your firewall off, are you referring to Windows XP's one? If not, it would be advisable to do so. Have you also run the Audio/Video Tuning Wizard?

Thomas
N/A

Soundcard has to be a "full duplex" one to send and rx audio at the same time.
Just worth checking.
N/A

Thank you 'kuglin' & 'cqg4uzg', yes the XP firewall is off and the NATS router firewall, the sound card is working ok . The mic and speakers with the Messenger wizard is set and working, I can hear my mic & sound but its not getting out. It has worked in the past. Still struggling Sad
Brickinit
Grafter

just a thought, it's not a problem with the person you are tring to communicating with is it? i have had simular before and it was a firewall at the other end blocking me.
N/A

Yes , sadly that could be so. However I have had trouble with 3 different contacts who could not hear me but I could hear them. Shockedops:
N/A

What version of MSN are you using? I used to have problems with video on earlier versions but the new one 6.1 works fine. I haven't tried sound though....
N/A

Version 6.1.02 is current, I don't think MSN will let you off with an older version.