cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Various FP problems

N/A

Various FP problems

Hi,
I've got problems with my frontpage site. I'm new at this so you'll have to excuse any stupidity on my part! :?
1. If I click on the refresh icon when on any page it always takes me back to the homepage. Sad

2. I'm having two problems with my feedback page.
a) [Front page save results component] is shown on the feedback page, this doesn't show up when I preview in browser before up loading.
b) When anyone tries to send feedback they get the message....Cannot run the FrontPage Server Extensions on this page.... I've tried the Microsoft link ,but this has had no effect. :?

3. Does the FP server support sending feedback results via e-mail?

If anyone can shed any light on any of my problems, I'd really appriciate it!
Cheers,
Gavin. Cheesy
5 REPLIES
arlehaven
Grafter

Various FP problems

Hi there,
Please read the post I made here in response to a similar query.

Reference your first point, when you refresh you will be brought back to your homepage because of the redirect as you are refreshing the domain name as opposed to the FP address. This is normal.
N/A

FP woes

Hi,
@ arlehaven. Thanks for your reply, I guessed that the forwarding would be the problem with the refresh. It would be nice if Plus Net could do something other than a work around to solve the problem. I imagine it's more annoying for a Company website, as it doesn't look that professional! I've bounced my ticket back to them, I didn't feel I'd had customer 'service' ! ( I'd better go and hide now I've said that :roll: ) You just confirmed my suspicion that the fault wasn't at my end. I've been trying for weeks to solve it!
Cheers,
Gavin. Cheesy
N/A

Various FP problems

Hi Gavin,

By the looks of things, your not the only one.

Hopefully this can be resolved soon.
N/A

Various FP problems

Hi,
@ pcsni, thanks for your reply, I hope so too. As stated in the other post, Companies have their websites tied up in this problem. I know I wouldn't be particularly impressed with a company, who's website spat it's rattle out when I asked for more information, possisbly a sale or contract etc.
Cheers,
Gavin. Cheesy
PS can we get these two posts consolidated :?:
N/A

Various FP problems

I cant merge the posts. They wouldnt read right anyway with the difference in posting times etc anyway.

I have spoken to the support people today and drawn their attention to the thread.

Hopefully it will be resolved soon. Though rather them than me on this one.