cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOIP setup - 3Com Router NAT settings + Xlite phone

geoffers
Grafter

Hi - I've just enabled Voip, and downloaded the Xlite phone app. but haven't got it functioning yet.

I've followed the setup details, selected the Topology tab with the following settings

*Use local IP address
*Use specified server:stun.xten.net
*Enable ICE checked
*Manually specify range 5060-5061
*Use XTunnels - Automatic
*Use SIP username and password

The xlite said something like "discovering server" - can't remember the actual wording. I get a dial tone on the xlite, dial 7000 for a test call, I just get calling... then it times out with a voice message "The person you are calling is unavailable, plz try again"

I'm not 100% certain if the router NAT settings are correct -

the setup says
Configure your router to open these ports:
UDP 3478 - STUN
UDP 5060 - SIP
UDP 8000 - Xlite RTP
UDP 8001 - Xlite RTP

but the router has settings for Trigger Port & public ports, so I have tried this

Any ideas...
2 REPLIES
geoffers
Grafter

Have posted a query on the counterpath forum http://support.counterpath.net/viewtopic.php?t=9384
- they reckon that my X-lite phone has connected OK, since it comes up with "Ready", so think it could be the account has nor been correctly set up

I have raised a CS question 21342029 - any ideas out there?Huh
N/A

hi geoff,

sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this one, ive passed your ticket back to you.

having connected up to the service with your details i am able to connect to the echo test and voicemail without any problems.

this could indicate that the problem is localised to your network. if possible it would be useful to see how the service performs using a standard modem.