Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOIP Phone not working AGAIN!

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

The PlusNet VOIP phone (PlusTalk) service is as much use as a wet paper bag, it never seems to work more than a few hours. Once again this morning tried to use it and nothing. Just as well I have a Sipgate account that never fails to work.
7 REPLIES
N/A

Hi,

From Sipgate, have you managed to make calls to other VOIP providers other than the ones listed on their page?

E.g.
Plusnet
Draytel

Cheers
N/A

Handy tone 486

Please HELP

No voip phone since changover

I have just migrated to plus net and find that I cant get my SIP handytone 486 to register with voipbuster through plus net broadband service - was working fine till the change over - anyone got any ideas please ?Huh
N/A

Hi,

Is the PN firewall enabled on your account?

Can you dial out?

Can someone call you?

Are there any setting that were possibly specific to your old ISP?
N/A

Thanks for your responce

I can do nothing with it

there are no settings on the handy tone that are broadband supplier specific

it will not register to my voip supplier anymore - hence is totally unusable - handy tone red light flashing all the time and no dial tone

I have disconnected the plusnet firewall - no difference

The plus net service seems beter than my old suplier but at least I could use the voip phone most of the time - I was hoping for all the time - without dropouts - now nothing at all - looks like a bad decision

thanks
N/A

Hi,

sounds a bit of a puzzler......

I guess nothing has really changed your end, apart from changing the user name and password on your broadband modem/router.

The only thing I had problems with was the NAT address - see my post on the Aastra 480i I am using http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=56086. Furthermore, if you have a dynamic IP I am unsure as to the ramifications of that.

I know this might sound ridiculous, is it worth enabling PN's VOIP service on the portal? Just clutching at straws......

Have you raised a ticket?
N/A

Thanks again for your responce

not raised a ticket but spoke to a techie who wont class it as a fault - claiming its my equipment - I counter claim - it worked ok till switch over - baffeled
N/A

Handytone

Big Big thanks to blackandwhite for a clue - "re NAT setting" - changed Nat transversal setting to (NO) from (yes) "with stun server" (as always used before)- now Handytone 486 adaptor and phone working again - can anyone explain why Huh?Huh