cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOIP Home Phone adaptor for network

N/A

Hi all,
I currently have a BT Voyager wireless router serving my four home computers/ pda etc. I also have a cordless base station serving four handsets.
What I would like to do is get hold of an adaptor (or if necessary, change my router) so I can plug the base station into it and therefore use all the cordless handsets as VOIP /\PSTN handsets.
I would like to have the ability to select whether I want a call to go via voip or pstn and I want it to interface properly with my home network (part wired part wirelss). I have seen a few different boxes around and heard of others on the forum. The Zyxel Prestige as listed on plus nets website seems to fulfill the requirements, anyone got any thoughts please,
Jules

[Moderator's note by James - (sallyandjames): Title changed from all caps as per link:rules]
3 REPLIES
shellsong
Grafter

Zoom X5V?

Edit: If you want wireless with that you'd have to have it separate though
N/A

Ta Shell,
That looks like the business. Sure I can find a wireless acees point on Ebay, may be tempted for 108Mbps rather than standard 802.11g
N/A

Well I have now bought one and would highly recommend it. Gets higher synch speeds on adsl max than the BT voyager 2100 (got 3040 today, best the BT could do was 2800ish) - i am 3km from exchange so i dont get very high speeds Sad

Anyway, my cordless phone is plugged into it and now I can choose to call via plustalk (when it works) and pstn all by dialling # before the number. For £35 BRAND NEW on ebay, i would highly reccomend it.
Conveneiently the old BT voyager 2100 is working as a wireless access point with the DHCP turned off an its IP address set to a range within the x5v's allocation (10.0.x.x rather than 192.1689.x.x)

Hope this is of interest to people
Jules