cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User password settings

N/A

User password settings

I've just got an email from PlusNet saying that I need to change my password. OK, no big deal.

The conditions you have to meet for a new password are laughable.

5-8 characters, MUST start with a letter, no uppercase letters, no "special" characters? Have you even HEARD of strong passwords?

How long do you think it would take for someone to crack a password of this strength with a simple brute force attack?

My wireless network password is 22 characters long, with numbers, upper and lower case letters, AND special characters, but the password to get to my email can't be?

Surely this can't be right... Come on PlusNet, give us the opportunity for better passwords!

Jon
7 REPLIES
N/A

User password settings

This can be voted on here and I believe this is something that PN staff have said is being actioned.
Zathras
Grafter

User password settings

Finally... this has been talked about for ages, now given the recent events its coming into being, though somewhat late.
Community Veteran

User password settings

Watch this space.

PlusNet have indicated to the UserGroup that this has been reviewed, and will be changed in the not to distant future.

Chilly

Typo corrected
Zathras
Grafter

User password settings

Have they indicated that here in the official PN forums?
N/A

User password settings

Surely the answer to this is to limit the number of attempts at entering a password thus stopping random selection software, this seems to work with banks and other financial companies and saves the need for long passwords, Jack.
Community Veteran

User password settings

PN are planing to introduce strong passwords on Wednesday and an announcement on it will be made then detailing the changes.

http://usergroup.plus.net/pugit/view.php?id=29
Community Veteran

User password settings