cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usenet via Outlook Express?

N/A

Hiya!

I might be missing something (quite likely with my eyes, unfortunately), but a few years back I used to get simple and convenient newsgroup connection configuring it though Outlook/Express. I haven't used it for quite a while, as I was using the diverse AOL boards (yes I escaped! lol!) instead.

I take it Usenet is the newsgroup access provided by Plusnet?

I can't seem to find any instructions on what settings I need to set up my Outlook/Express with to access this.

Am I missing something obvious? Any help would be really nice. Cheesy

Not something I use *that* much, but it is nice when frequent insomnia strikes, and I can mooch around seeing what people are having a /rant about (beats TV and counting sheep anyway, lol!).
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

The usenet server is usenet.plus.net, the newer beta test usenet server is beta.usenet.plus.net

The usenet server is detailed in connection settings -> connection details page (via links on the left). More info and how to setup common newsfeed software can be found via this help & support link: http://www.plus.net/support/features/newsgroups_section.shtml
N/A

Thanks for the response Peter, I was sure I was missing something somewhere. Shockedops:
N/A

PS.

The beta server seem to be working very nice.