cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading webpage made usng website Wizard??(relative newbie

N/A

I would appreciate some help. I have made a webpage using the website wizard, and now want to upload it to my plusnet webspace. I tried installing Cute something or other that is a file transfer programme, but just couldn't work it out Cry
Please any advice?
TIA
Sharon
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

If you have Version 6 of internet explorer (and most people have these days) then you can upload using that.
First check in the settings for ie6 that you have ftp enabled and then in the Address bar type ftp://ftp.plus.net/htdocs/ you will be asked for username and password.
Enter these and you will be in the root directory of your web space.
Open the file containing your web files using My Computer and then you can just drag and drop the files to your space
N/A

First check in the settings for ie6 that you have ftp enabled and then in the Address bar type ftp://ftp.plus.net/htdocs/ you will be asked for username and password.

Sometimes, it will just say no authorization due to a default setting in IE. Just to to File > Login As... if this occurs.
N/A

Sunday morning, braindead so apologies for a stupid question but I also want to upload my webpage I made with the Web Wizard. When I was making it I just assumed it was all being done online so I have no idea where the files are on my local machine which I have to upload. Could someone please tell me where Plusnet writes the web wizard files locally?

Thanks
Dave
N/A

Ummmm .......

Maybe there's something I'm unaware of, or maybe it's too early in the morning and the brain hasn't switched itself on yet, but .........

I use the Website Wizard - all my pages are done with that plus a bit of coding and so-on that I picked up from people who know more than I do.

To upload a page, I just hit the "Save Page" buttton at the bottom, then type in the titel etc., then hit "Continue", then if it's a revision of an existing page hit "Yes" when it asks if I want to overwrite, and .......

That's that - done!

You definitely don't need an ftp program (I thought that was the whole point of it actually) and it doesn't save the files anywhere on your own PC.