cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading to webspace

greville
Grafter

Uploading to webspace

I am very now to all this html and stuff, but I have run into a problem as follows:
I have uploaded a temporary page at www.grevillehodgson.co.uk which includes an image. I have placed index.htm into htdocs and the image into the images folder. However when viewing the page only a picture placeholder appears. Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong please. I used Microsoft Word 2003.
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Uploading to webspace

Don't see an image or placeholder anywhere. Where should it be?

If you are refering the the following line I saw in the page HTML (don't actually know what that section does though):
<v:imagedata src="index_files/image001.jpg" o:title="BER-MBM"/>

Should it not be images/image001.gif if you have put it in the images directory.

[append]
The placeholder is shown in IE but not in mozilla which is what I normally use.

Also with IE there is a white boarder around the red newsflash text but mozilla does not show this.
[/append]
N/A

Uploading to webspace

Grevillehodgson you have my admiration if you have handcoded your index page. There seems to be an enormous amount of code for a relatively simple display. Are you using a web site builder or is it all done from scratch?
N/A

Uploading to webspace

Word can create web pages but they are always bloated with code for line spacing, placement and loads of other crap.

The image needs to be in the same directory as the html file as word does not code file paths.