cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload ftp only problem

N/A

Upload ftp only problem

I've had a good look round and cant seem to find advice i am looking for.
I am using a Mac with a 4 port router and a modem. My surfing is fine (if a little slow), email fine and downloading from ftp fine- however, i cant upload to my webspace with anything (dreamweaver or fetch) it just connects then as it begins to upload i get 'waiting for server', i've had this problem before and changed my settings (use passive mode) but i am having no luck at all this time. I've rebooted router, modem, mac with still no success, like i say, its happened before but it seems to have sorted itself out- not this time though, I cant wait until it sorts itself out this time as my website is down while i'm trying toi upload!

Any ideas?

Thanks
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Upload ftp only problem

If your trying to update your www webspace, try ftp2.plus.net which is a new test ftp server.
N/A

Upload ftp only problem

Worked a treat, thanks very much Peter, yet again you come to the rescue.

So, just out of interest how come this is happening?
Community Veteran

Upload ftp only problem

Plusnet don't really know. The new test ftp server is a completely new system with different hardware, OS and FTP software which appears to be more compatible and less prone to dropouts than the existing FTP servers. It's still not perfect but appears to be much better. At some point it will probably replace the current ftp servers but I don't know when that will be yet. Time to give PN a prod in the usergroup.