Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload Speed

jabb0
Grafter

Upload Speed

Hey guys,

just a quick fire question which i cant find the answer to anywhere on this website (thats not to say it aint there, it prolly me being blind).

On BB Premier 2Mb
What should my upload speed be?

cheers
PS while im here, when do we BB Premier folk get our lines upgraded?
The name of a month would be accurate enough for me (if your going to put the letters B&T anywhere in your answer i know ill be long dead by the time they ever get thier finger out)
4 REPLIES
pjemmanuel
Grafter

Upload Speed

Should be up to 256Kbs - you should be synching at 288Kbs

It's a limit of ADSL rather than your download speed - so 1/2 Mb, 1Mb and 2Mb all have the same (theoretical) upload speed.
Community Veteran

Upload Speed

For the upgrade Q just go to the usertools exchange checker and put your phone number in. It will then tell you when your exchange is expected to be 8Mbs enabled. Some time after that PN should put the regrade requests in to BT.
jabb0
Grafter

Upload Speed

ho ho - u said they BAD letters :twisted:

seriously though, got a reply from PN on a ticket i raised
All of the current products provided for broadband have a maximum upload speed of 256kbps. This equates to 32KB/s and as such, you are experiancing the maximum of this upload.

My gripe here is not with plusnet but with the idiot that thought of the words "bits" and "bytes" - did they not realise that everything in computers gets abreiviated.

I am a techy sort of guy and am well aware of the difference - its just annoying!!!

PS i read on these forums somewhere of a third abreiviation to take into account of the extra 24 on the thousands that is convientienty ignored by us all most of the time - someone should put a stop to all this... where is it all gonna end Sad

PSPS i am remembering now that "bytes" can also be called "words" - we need a petition to BIN THE BYTES!!!
prichardson
Grafter

Upload Speed

Hi,

1000 Bytes is 1KB
1024 Byes is 1Kib

1000 Kilobytes is 1MB
1024 Kilobytes is MiB

I think you get the picture. Yup, confusing indeed.

Almost everybody misuses the KB, infact, I porbably did in my reply to yourself in that ticket. But then it is very common, in much the same way as the word hacker is misused.

Kind Regards,