cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login to PlusTalk - anyone else?

N/A

PlusTalk has been working (bar the problems which everyone seems to know about and are ongoing) fine for ages... until the other night (Tuesday 4th of July) when it was logged in and working, and then suddenly lost connection with PlusTalk.

I've not been able to reconnect since. I've even tried different settings and they won't work, yet if I put a different providers details in (sipgate and voipuser) they both connect and work fine.

So is anyone else unable to connect since ~4th of July? For reference I'm using a Linksys PAP2.
2 REPLIES
fotobits
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Yes my PlusTalk became unreliable on 4 July. The day PlusTalk went national!

Actually, this morning the PlusTalk connection is OK. Is your's?

I have always had one problem with an otherwise reasonable performance, I never hear call-progress tones. After dialling, i hear the number-dialling tones, then silence for about 15-seconds, then the call is answered........usually!

I understand this is a Provider issue, I've raised a ticket, but no response.......yet!

Regards.......Noel
N/A

Yes my PlusTalk became unreliable on 4 July. The day PlusTalk went national!

Actually, this morning the PlusTalk connection is OK. Is your's?

Yes it is ok (ok as in, typical PlusTalk issues, but it is connected) again now, but, I've added my "external IP" as a setting in my PAP2 so I'm not sure if that's caused the change. I've *never* had the external IP set before, and never seen details that suggest I have to set it (what's more, if I was on a dynamic IP it'd be a pain to keep updating) and my PAP2 adapter works fine with other VoIP providers without the external IP setting, and worked fine before July 4th on PlusTalk without it.