cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble sending email

N/A

Trouble sending email

Can not send mail from any program on my PC. Outlook 2002 gives the following time-out error message

Task 'Plus.net - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

All settings are correct and there's no problem receiving email.

Have tried to send email without the firewall or wireless encryption on.

Can anyone help out this newby?
15 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Trouble sending email

What settings do you have for the outgoing mail server?
It should be relay.plus.net
N/A

Trouble sending email

Yes and mail.plus.net for POP3. I don't think it has anything to do with the setup as such but an uploading problem with the line. I can get the occational email to go through but not when it's required. As I said before this is not local to MS Outlook as I have also tried Pegasus and Outlook Express with the same result.

What else can I look at?
N/A

Trouble sending email

Do you have any non plus net accounts that work?
N/A

Trouble sending email

Not on POP3.
I also had this problem with my previous ISP. Its' has been about 9 months since my email worked properly.

I'm curently using XP SP1 OS.
Community Veteran

Trouble sending email

Do you have any virus scanners or firewall software. If so, try disabling them and see if the problem goes away. If it does you know where to look further.
N/A

Trouble sending email

As I said earlier. I've tried it with a disabled firewall and antivirus but I have been reminded that AVG antivirus was installed around that time. It has since been removed due to the volume of popups I got.
Community Veteran

Trouble sending email

Do you have "Requires Authentication" set to on?
If so turn that off as it is not required.
N/A

Trouble sending email

Authentithication is off.
Community Veteran

Trouble sending email

Hmm Ok do you have Outlook Express available on your PC? If so it may be worth just setting up a mail account with that and seeing it will send OK.
At least this should help to narrow it down to software or connection.
N/A

Trouble sending email

As I have said. I got exactly the same result with other email applications.
N/A

Trouble sending email

Could there be a problem with a registry entry?
Community Veteran

Trouble sending email

I got exactly the same result with other email applications.

Yes sorry I had forgotten that you said that earlier on.
Any chance of trying another PC from your connection to prove conclusivly that it is related to your PC?

Also have you tried a full uninstall of mailing Programs and then just putting them back one at a time to see which if any effect it/
N/A

Trouble sending email

Hi there,

If you havent already done so read the info at the link below.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813514

Error 0x800CCC0F

1. Modem was disconnected, or network cable was disconnected. If this happens alot, there may be noise on the phone line, you may need updated modem drivers, or an init string.

Can also be caused by bad MTU settings and fragmented packets.

The fact that it has been going on for about 9 months may suggest something not quite right with your connection.

Maybe a raising a ticket might get PN to investigate further.

Mark
N/A

Trouble sending email

Can you tell us a bit more about your setup? i.e what router your using? what firewall your using etc.

Do you get any other connection problems?

Do you use any IP blocking software? i.e Protowall? Peer Guardian etc.

It's also worth bearing in mind, that even when you disable some software firewalls, they still have hooks in the system and these can still have an effect.

Have you tried pinging relay.plus.net, to see whether it's visable from your machine? It sounds like traffic is being blocked or stopped from getting to remote port 25 (SMTP) . Since your able to get e-mail in via POP3 (Port 110).