cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble accessing <www.pbase.com> today

val
Grafter

Been having trouble accessing <http://www.pbase.com> all day today (Friday) - if I wait long enough, sometimes some of the page eventually appears, but the site's basically inaccessible.

If I do a traceroute, I get timeouts for everything beyond cry-dst3-g2-2.springboardhosting.com

Is it just me, or do others see this too?

Regards,
Val
2 REPLIES
N/A

I can get to the site fine.

As for traceroutes, this is very common with american sites, and many UK providers are now starting to block pings.

Traceroutes provide reather detailed information of the exact route taken to sites, and can be used by the bad guys of the internet.

If a traceroute suddenly stops like this, you shouldn't worry, as it may be normal.
val
Grafter

Thanks for checking, Philip.

Knowing you could see it fine got me to thinking it might be related to having to reboot the router after clearing a stale session Friday morning.

Sometimes after rebooting, the router and computer don't connect properly. Even though I could see other sites fine, I tried rebooting the router (and doing the usual 'restart' on it, which normally fixes the usual connection problem), and found I could access pBase again properly.

Maybe a coincidence ... but maybe the first reboot and 'restart' gave an iffy connection, which wasn't quite up to the demands of viewing the pBase site.

Anyway, thanks again.

Regards, Val