cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trojans ghosts etc

N/A

Trojans ghosts etc

Hi guys my pc is acting werid. I turn it on at the information bit pops up telling me what processor my pc is etc and then it just stays there. I have 2 reset my pc to make it fully work. Is this a work of a trojan or ghost or sum werid virus.

Thanks
7 REPLIES
N/A

Trojans ghosts etc

Only way to find out is to load up anti-virus (should have that anyway!) and the something like AdAware and do a thorough scan with both.
Community Veteran

Trojans ghosts etc

Could be a corrupted BIOS/cmos config, faulty drive (requires additional time to become available), processor problem (which requires a reset to work).Could be your PSU on first startup. Any number of reasons although a virus/trojan is less likely as you can boot up after a reset.

I would go into the BIOS and check all the settings and save them again and see if that solves the problem.

Is the clock correct on the PC after in finally boots? A faulty clock could indicate your BIOS backup battery is failing and needs replacing. This could corrupt your cmos and cause problems booting.
N/A

Trojans ghosts etc

How do u go 2 the bios? I am a novice in pcs
Community Veteran

Trojans ghosts etc

Do you have a manual for your PC or mobo?

Usually when you see the power on messages you press the DEL or F2 key to enter setup. Or hold down a key while booting and you should get a keyboard error and should be offered something like f1 to continue, f2 to enter BIOS/setup.
N/A

Trojans ghosts etc

I just went 2 power options and it said ups currently off ??
Is that the problem maybe
Community Veteran

Trojans ghosts etc

Do you have a ups?

Do you know what a ups is?

ups normally stands for uninteruptable power supply which is a usually a separate box containing a large battery which is plugged into the mains and your PC plugs into it. It keeps your PC running when the mains fails.

Do you have one of them? if not the ups off is probably the correct setting.

If you have a manual please read it, it should explain what each of the BIOS settings is for. I may not be correct is what ups means for your motherboard and BIOS.
N/A

Trojans ghosts etc

Ok thanks a lot