cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trend PC-cillin - any recommendations?

N/A

I've heard sufficient bad reports about Norton Internet Security to put me off recommending it to anybody ... there are quite a few threads just in this discussion forum :!:

I am being asked to recommend an integrated intenet security package to a friend - integrated rather than "separates" so that keeping the signatures up to date are as "fool-proof" as possible!

Has anyone got any good or bad comments about Trend PC-cillin?

Personally I use AVG and while this is fine for me it doesn't really fit the requirement of being integrated with Spam Filtering and Privacy Protection ...
4 REPLIES
N/A

I used to use Trend PC-Cillin 2000.

It was a version that the Halifax gave away free for online banking. Very very good, and would trap alot of trojans etc and would update automatically etc.

I have only stopped using it now, as the version is nolonger working with the latest package file.

Now using AVG which I like.
N/A

It's what I've been using quite some time now and never had any problems ( touching wood ). Free courtesy of Halifax. Just leave it to do it's own thing. Pattern files are updated most days.

I do also have Zone alarm pro and Trojan Hunter running besides being behind my router firewall and running Ad-aware and Spybot S&D regularly.
N/A

Pc-Cillin

I'm using PC-Cillin 2000 too and despite having had it for well over 12 months seem to still be getting updates Shocked

I saw a recent report which showed response times between several new viruses appearing in the wild and updates being released - both Norton and Mc afee were highly unimpressive , both taking more than 24 hours, and Kaspersky faring very well indeed (actually top I think) at a little over 6 hours
N/A

I use McAfee viruscan and firewall. Individual packages, but update flawlessly.