cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title bar

Fixes: 121

Title bar

Hi all

I have browsed through the forum and competed a search but haven't found a solution to my problems.

I am using FrontPage 2002 to create my web site with a steep learning curve - but it's fun;-)

My question are thus;

How can I be sure that the current name (or web address) of any page that is being viewed is in the title bar?

How to I make sure that the current page is refreshed when the refresh button is clicked rather than being sent back to the index page?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

4 REPLIES
N/A

Title bar

I am pretty sure that you use "page properties" to set what you want to appear in the title bar of each page.

Unfortunately I am not sure on your other question!
N/A

Title bar

I have just read the second part of your question again, I must be having a funny 5 minutes and cant read properly Smiley

When you click refresh it should refresh the current page and not return you to the home page. Or at least that is how it should be for a simple webpage, I am not sure how it works if working with frames etc..
N/A

Re: Title bar

How to I make sure that the current page is refreshed when the refresh button is clicked rather than being sent back to the index page?

When refreshing, you reload the address that is currently in the address bar. So for frame based websites you'll reload the main frameset page rather than the page you were viewing.

The same will happen if you have a domain name that uses domain forwarding i.e. you have yourDomain.com which actually loads you.yourisp.com because domain forward using framesets.

Hope this helps Smiley
N/A

Title bar

How can I be sure that the current name (or web address) of any page that is being viewed is in the title bar?

In the HTML coding between the 'head' tags

<title>whatever is written here shows up in the title bar</title>