cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeout on webcams

N/A

Timeout on webcams

I'm trying to set up a webcam that udates images via ftp, problem is that the plus.net servers time out the connection after a while, does anyone know how to get round this in order to have a continuous web cam, web page.
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Timeout on webcams

I'm not 100% certain of this but from what I've found when using FTP the time out only seems to come in after a period of inactivity.

How often are you having the image from the cam updated?
N/A

Timeout on webcams

every 10 seconds, the images are only 25KB
Community Veteran

Timeout on webcams

I don't think that it should time out in less than 10 seconds Cry
I seem to recall it timing out on me after about a minute or so when I went off to update a file and then upload again.

what software are you using to do the update. I think there are some that actually calls up your homepages each time? so that would overcome the timing out.
N/A

Timeout on webcams

Its Ispy webcam software
Community Veteran

Timeout on webcams

Ok just had a look at the Ispy website but it doesn't give a lot of info about how the software works.
Can you set it so that it actually auto calls your home pages before doing an upload and then disconnecting after?
N/A

Timeout on webcams

Thanks, that seems to have sorted the problem out
Community Veteran

Timeout on webcams

Ok glad it's sorted.
You do need to put an index file on your home pages though, even if it's only a blank one.
If I call up http://www.cookedgeese.plus.com it drops me straight into your home pages directory and then I can navigate into the scorpian webcam page :roll: