cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to leave..

N/A

Time to leave..

Hi guys,
I have just put my order in to move to another ISP.
I have been with PN for only a couple of months, but boy what a couple of months.
I originally transfered from Tiscali to PN as tiscali were imposing far too much emphasis on when and what i could download and guess what PN are even worse.
I have been getting really poor DL speeds since day one with all this traffic shaping tosh, I have had numerous tickets out for these reasons so After receiving an email from Be yesterday I am going to them.
I take my hat off to PN when i asked for my MAC code they gave it to me within a few hours...Great.
I just hope the rest of it goes as smoothly, I have a go live date of the 21st of this month with Be so not long to wait now so long as PN have given me the right code etc. :roll:
So for those with any interest the exchange I am on which BE have just upgraded is the Horbury/Ossett one.
I can't wait, £2 more per month(£24) for upto 24MB down and 1.3Mb up and only £24 sign up fee (take note PN).
and no time of day limits !!!
So farewell guys, I'll let you know how it goes.
Just one thing which seems wierd, since getting my MAC from PN my speeds seem to have increased greatly, is this a ploy to get me to stay with them Huh
All the best to you all, a merry xmas and a happy new year to to each and every one of you.
Dean Tongue
12 REPLIES
shellsong
Grafter

Time to leave..

Be happy! I'll possibly Be seeing you on the Be Forum!

Gerry
N/A

Time to leave..

Gerry

Will do my friend, for the right reasons hopefully..
and not for the usual bitch about poor service etc.

Tongue
N/A

Time to leave..

Same thing happened to me when i asked for my MAC code. They gave me it but my speeds also went way up as well. Could just be a coincidence of course. Tongue
N/A

Time to leave..

I'm also moving. Gotta wait till after the 15th tho so probably 16th I'll be putting me order in.

But I really wish I could Be* with you and Be* on Be* Tongue
N/A

Time to leave..

Moved to Everything Internet - feel free to continue the discussion here.
N/A

thought it was too good to be true

thought it was too good to be true on the speed factor
I am currently synching at 7584kbps Down and 128 kbps Up.
which is possibly the highest sync i've had since joining, a stable rate of 6500kbps and IP profile of 6500kbps and on the BT speedtest and when downloading a big file (ubuntu-6.10-desktop-i386.iso) I am still only getting 2984 kbps maximum, So yes it may look like everything has improved on paper my speed is still rather poor..

So glad to be going, fingers crossed for around the 20Mb+ mark for my downloads, I'm about three quarters of a mile from my exchange, is there anyway from my stats that i can work out my expected speed, not over fussed really just curious as I keep seeing all these dB figures in posts and have not a clue what they all mean, I'll just be happy with anything faster than what i have now.
Thanks
Peace and good will to you all this xmas..

Dean Cheesy
N/A

Time to leave..

Gerry

Ill be seeing you on the new forum aswell.
shellsong
Grafter

Re: thought it was too good to be true

So glad to be going, fingers crossed for around the 20Mb+ mark for my downloads, I'm about three quarters of a mile from my exchange, is there anyway from my stats that i can work out my expected speed, not over fussed really just curious as I keep seeing all these dB figures in posts and have not a clue what they all mean, I'll just be happy with anything faster than what i have now.

Have a look at http://www.beforum.co.uk/forum/default.aspx?f=2&m=3875 to see what the average and max synch rates have been for different downstream attenuations for ADSL1 (MaxDSL) and ADSL2+. Aso you can roughly gauge the actual length of your line in Km by dividing your attenuation by 14

The actual synch rate for a given line is dependent mainly on the noise margin though and that is heavily influenced by the state of your wiring

I've been fortunate to have been able to help a few people to maximise their connection on the Be Forum, hopefully I or someone else can do the same for you! Wink
N/A

Time to leave..

damn you all, being able to get Be Sad
shellsong
Grafter

Time to leave..

I haven't yet buzzons-- it'll probably be at least two months yet! Cry
N/A

Re: thought it was too good to be true

Have a look at http://www.beforum.co.uk/forum/default.aspx?f=2&m=3875 to see what the average and max synch rates have been for different downstream attenuations for ADSL1 (MaxDSL) and ADSL2+. Aso you can roughly gauge the actual length of your line in Km by dividing your attenuation by 14

The actual synch rate for a given line is dependent mainly on the noise margin though and that is heavily influenced by the state of your wiring

I've been fortunate to have been able to help a few people to maximise their connection on the Be Forum, hopefully I or someone else can do the same for you! Wink

Thanks for that, I am guessing at about 17Mb Download then....Nice Cheesy
Dean
N/A

Time to leave..

Hi guys, well its finally done (Guess what a day early as well - Nice one Cheesy )

I must say so far looking good, getting around 16Mb at the moment though I think I can increase this a bit using DMT app to adjust my SNR.

Does anyone know if the line needs to train again like MaxDSL to find a stable rate or is this the speed I can get ??

I must say though it is very quick, azureus yesterday at peak time was downloading at 1.5Mbps, never seen anything go like that and that was solid as well for the whole download, no up and down stuff.
got a 700 Mb file in about 10 mins...Awsome. Cool

So its time to bid farewell to you all.
Merry xmas and a happy new year to everyone...
thanks again for all your help in the past. (no not you PN!)

look forward to catching up with some of you in the Be* forums..

Byeeeee...Dean Cheesy