cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The page cannot be displayed

taywood
Grafter

I think I've got a problem and I dont know where to look for advice.

Sometimes a webpage I look at regularly wont display, the message above shows and invites me to check my internet connections, but they are correct, undisturbed and work OK for other web pages before and afterwards.
The page could be offline for updating but I dont think so.
It wont go when I do Refresh. Hopefully a few minutes later I can get thru OK.

Also I see on some web pages an error message at the top. Its an info box with a blue letter i and text saying The page cannot be displayed.
But is is displayed, I'm reading it.

Does anyone recognise this problem?
Is it a real problem and what should I do to resolve it
Thanks Mike

Moderators note by John (johnessex) post moved as user stated in a second post that it should have been posted on this forum
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Can you tell us the URL of the page that is causing the trouble then we can look and see if its the same.
taywood
Grafter

Hello John
Thanks for moving the post !
There is no one specific web page with the problem, its been erratic.

BUT thanks to anon email I tried to do sfc /scannow but it couldnt complete, it needs the WinXP Home CD which I dont have. It came OED and my recovery CD is not accepted.

I tried his next suggestion System Information/Internet/File settings and two .dll's were missing. iecont.dll and iecontlc.dll
I found them on Google, downloaded and drag and drop to C.Win.System 32
switched off and on, and I've not had the problem recur. Yet!

So thanks to John and Mr Anon

I hesitate to ask another question but is there a way to get sfc /scannow to complete its task, just in case there is something more serious going on, or not going on. Or is this System Information route the alternative.
Community Veteran

You should have the windows Xp System disk as there may be other occasions where you need it for drivers etc.

Have you tried contacting the supplier of the PC and asking for the disk?