cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Future's Bright.... is it?

N/A

The BBC are reporting major issues affecting users of the Orange broadband service, formerly Wanadoo.

Orange experiences 'major' outage

The broadband service run by mobile firm Orange is experiencing a "major" national outage.
Several users have complained that they have been unable to use their connection since Monday afternoon.

The company said the fault on the service, formerly known as Wanadoo, was due to a "third party network failure affecting large parts of country".

Orange said they were working to fix the problem but there is no indication when a normal service will resume.

The BBC news website was alerted to the fault by a reader who had been unable to connect to the internet for the last two days.

Other users have since confirmed the problem.

No-one from Orange was immediately available to comment on the outage but a recorded message on the technical support line for the broadband service confirmed the problems.

The latest broadband service status report on the Orange website said the service was "up and running at the moment," but the report was dated August 2006.

Orange started offering broadband earlier this year after the company absorbed internet service provider Wanadoo - also owned by Orange's parent, France Telecom.

Orange offers a "triple play" package to its customers which bundles mobile phone, landline and broadband services as an all-in-one deal.

Thanks to Liam for the tip-off Wink
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

I just logged in to post the BBC news article about this but it seems I've been beaten to.

It seems like PN ain't the only ones having problems with their LLU system!

James - you could have come up with an original title & opening sentence Wink
N/A

Nah, you ought to know by now, I'm far too lazy to come up with something as original as that by myself - the title was all Liams work - I just re-posted it here.

I suppose I ought to have included this link to the BBC News article in question - a further demonstration of my laziness in the original post. Wink
N/A

Apparently its on its way to working again now:

I reckon some folks will be heartened to hear that its not just PN Engineers who have 'off days'
I work for Orange, in a role that has reasonable contact with the Alcatal guys who manage the Orange broadband infrastructure. The outage was caused by an "unauthorised" change to the network which one of the Alcatel guys performed.
As I understand it, the effect of this was a permissions problem with the hardware located out at the switches and exchanges, and now requires an engineer to visit each of the 4000+ sites to restart a few bits of kit. You will find that one by one the regions come back up, but at present approx 50 per cent of the LLU customers are still offline. I would imagine it will be another day or so before the rest of the customers are back online.

Full article
craigbrass
Grafter

Look at http://comms.plus.net/blog/?p=96

What a cheap knock at a competitor Tongue
N/A

Where do you think I got it from.... :lol:

Thanks to Liam for the tip-off Wink