Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submitting to search engines

shermans
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I know this subject is an old chestnut, and that there is help available from the PN Tools.

However, I would be interested in actual experience of submitting to search engines. I have a website which I have successfully managed to get ranked second by Yahoo, but it has taken a whole year of patient waiting to do it ! It cost nothing, just a careful free directory submission, and of course I followed all the PN suggestions about meta tags etc.

However, I want to set up a new website to advertise letting a holiday home which I own. If I am going to catch the summer season, I cannot obviously wait a year ! Does anyone have any experience of paid submissions to search engines and whether they are actually worth it ? Any recommendations ? I have found one (uk-cheapest.co.uk) which charges only £34 and claims to have your site listed within 6-8 weeks by submitting it to 300 minor search engines, which are then crawled by the bigger ones. But I don't want to throw money away if these sort of services don't live up to their claims.

So I would appreciate any feedback / experience. Thanks.

Nick Sherman
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Nick

I've never actually paid to get the Heywood Model Railway Group web site advertised but it is now at the top of a lot of search engines.
I put this down to the fact taht I have lots of links to other related sites and most of those have links back to mine.
So if you are able to do this it seems to help a lot.
shermans
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

John

Thanks for the info. The problem is that it is not very easy to use links in this case but I will use my lateral thinking to see what I can conjure up !

Nick
N/A

If you post on a number of forums put a link in your sig which is what I did. Of course you get more response if you post on forums who's interest match your website.
Gryzor
Grafter

My website www.madsally.co.uk has an article going up regarding google ranks in a couple of days.