cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming Video

N/A

Streaming Video

Can anybody please advise me how I can make an mpg file on my FrontPage website stream in windows media player or REAL instead of downloading immediately the page is accessed?

In FP I have checked the 'show on screen controls' and start 'on mouse click' but it seems to make no difference.

The file is 51mb and takes almost 15 minutes on ADSL to commence playing, on anything less, you could almost take a vacation before it starts :shock:

The URL is http://fp.cranfordhouse.plus.com/video.htm

Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Bob
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Streaming Video

I don't think it can be done.
AFAIK +net do not support streaming video or audio
N/A

Streaming Video

This may well be possible.

Real media has the same issue, and a small work around, is all it takes to stream with this.

With real, instead of directly streaming the media file, you use a resource location file.

This contains a single text entry, pointing to the proper media file. Real will detect this, and use this file as the stream.

The same may be true with WMP. However, I suspect the resource file has a different format.
Community Veteran

Streaming Video

Just to re-iterate what I said earlier. Below is a quote from the FAQ on webspace

Can I stream live or real audio from my website?
Unfortunately you cannot stream audio from our servers, these files however can be downloaded and listened to afterwards.

If you have found a way to overcome this then I would be very interested Cool
N/A

Streaming Video

If I find some sample content, I will try and get some examples posted, though time is limiting
N/A

Streaming Video

Ok, I managed to get the streaming working, but I couldn't get buffered streaming to work.

This means it will play right away, but due to the size, it is choppy.

I would sugest trying to get the file size down for 1.

It may well do buffered streaming, but I don't have the time to see about this.