cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static IP And web hosting

N/A

I would like to be able to register a domain name and have it route all http requests directly to my static IP address (as soon as I have one.... ISP migration in progress).

Is this something that can be done easily (ie via the user portal) or do i need to register the domain name elsewhere and have it directed to my server?

The reason for this is that I have a SQL Server machine and studio .NET so would like touse this technology rather than CGI and MySQL, etc.
6 REPLIES
N/A

Yes, this is pretty simple

The domain control panel has all the needed tools to redirect the domain
N/A

Thank very much.

One other question. if i may.....

I have opted 1 .co.uk registration in my package. When I try to register it I receive and error saying that the domain name is not available, however I have checked @ various places and this is not registered.

Im trying to register wadesworld.co.uk

Any ideas?
csogilvie
Grafter

Yep - its registered to someone.

[cso01@omega cso01]$ whois wadesworld.co.uk
[Querying whois.nic.uk]
[whois.nic.uk]

Domain Name:
wadesworld.co.uk

Registrant:

Registrant's Agent:
Host Europe Internet Ltd [Tag = WEBFUSION]
URL: http://www.webfusion.co.uk

Relevant Dates:
Registered on: 04-Mar-1999
Renewal Date: 04-Mar-2005
Last updated: 20-Sep-2000

Registration Status:
Registered until renewal date.
N/A

Thanks for the help. I must have been looking in the wrong place. Never mind... back to the drawing board Wink

Cheers
N/A

But if you wait till 04-Mar-2005 you can have it, thats when it expires, so if you revesve it now then its yours
N/A

Not true.

Just because that is the expiry date, it does not mean the domain will become free if not payed for.

The rules of nominet forbid this sort of activity and the procedures mean it just doesn't work anyhow.