cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spyware keeps coming back

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

I have had some good advice about spyware on here before so i thought i would try again.

I have Spybot installed on my computer and i do a scan and find 40-50 entries that i delete but then the next day they all come back again these range from Adrevolver,Advertising.Com to Tradedoubler, web trends live and Zedo. What i dont understand is why Spybot does not stop them i do regular downloads and updates from spybot so i am always up to date yet these pesky varmints keep getting in. I cleared all my restore points as previously advised and so am bewildered at their continued invasion maybe there is better protection out there or is this something i have to live with ?
3 REPLIES
N/A

I've had similar problems,spyware is deleted then when my computer reboots say the next day the spyware that was on the day before has returned and thus deleted again.

I downloaded a programme called Ad-Aware last night to see if this can sort and stop the problem,I'll post again in here and let you know how it goes.
p_w_d_stone
Grafter

These appear to be tracking cookies, so aren't actually malware per say. That said, there are still privacy concerns, so this page might be worth a visit.
Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Peter that was very informative and a very useful site you have put my mind at rest as they are not as malicious as i thought...Many Thanks