cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spybot 1.4

N/A

Spybot 1.4

Anybody installed it yet. I am a bit worried about reports of bugs. And is it a clean replacement for 1.3
4 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

Spybot 1.4

Worked OK for me - I'm on Win ME as well! - but didn't find any new problems.
I'd already got 1.3 installed and just ran the install of 1.4 and it overwrote 1.3.

Haven't checked in detail, but 1.3 is no longer in the Install/Uninstall Programs thing - 1.4 has replaced it.
N/A

Spybot 1.4

Not had it for long, so maybe a bit early to judge, but no problems with it here.
(Note: Like Geoff, I am on Windows ME not XP - that might make a difference!)

Installed over 1.3 quite happily - the only thing I found was that on its first run it picked up a load of harmless usage tracks (e.g., number of times WinZip run) that I'd told the old version not to bother with. So - a lot of right-clicking and "Exclude this product from further searches", but it has done as instructed and not picked them up on subsequent runs, so appears to be just due to the update, not an actual problem with the programme.
holdtight
Grafter

Spybot 1.4

Ive been using it since its beta release, its good to go you wont have any probs

gpattison is right you can install it over the top of V1.3 but i always favour the uninstall reinstall route
Community Veteran

Spybot 1.4

Been using it since the first 1.4 beta and not had any problems with the final 1.4 release yet.