cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speedtouch 716WL

N/A

Speedtouch 716WL

Can anybody help, i purchsed a new router thinking this would be the easy option and obviously not!
I cannot get router to connect to plustalk when all details are entered and applied there is a X under registration call work fine on PSTN in and out but no luck with viop- wouldn't mind but im paying for service and not able to use!
Plustlk work fine with xlite software tried help and support eventually spoke to someone but said all was fine their end?
Could get better support for products sold! :x
7 REPLIES
N/A

Speedtouch 716WL

I have this router and the plustalk settings work for me.

I had to upgrade my firmware to 5.4.0.11 to get both pstn and voip to work.

What firmware are you using and what settings have you put into the "Telephony"?
N/A

Re: Speedtouch 716WL

Can anybody help, i purchsed a new router thinking this would be the easy option and obviously not!
I cannot get router to connect to plustalk when all details are entered and applied there is a X under registration call work fine on PSTN in and out but no luck with viop- wouldn't mind but im paying for service and not able to use!
N/A

Re: Speedtouch 716WL

I cannot get router to connect to plustalk when all details are entered and applied there is a X under registration

Given this you can obviously access the web interface of your router.
What does it say under:
Toolbox
Telephony
Expert Configure

Mine shows:
Telephony
Service Configuration
Registrar: sip.plus.net
Registrar Port: 5060
Proxy: sip.plus.net
Proxy Port: 5060
Expire Time: 3600

What does it say under:
Toolbox
Telephony
Configure

Mine shows:
Telephony
Service Configuration
Enable Telephony: The box is ticked
Under Telephone Numbers I have one entry which shows my Plustalk sip id number
If I then click on Edit I have:
Telephone Identity
SIP URI: 123456 (my plustalk sip id number)
Usename: 123456 (my plustalk sip id number)
Password: ***** (my plusnet login password)
Confirm Password: ***** (my plusnet login password)
Displayname: left blank
Abbreviated number: left blank
Port: Phone 1 (the port I have plugged my phone into

To check what version of the firmware you have:
Speedtouch
Under Information it shows the software release number.
Mine shows 5.4.0.11

The upgrade can be found at:
http://www.speedtouch.co.uk/716.asp
Under 716WL (R5) Drivers, Firmware and Docs
You will need both Firmware v5.4 and the Upgrade Wizard

If any of this is unclear or you require any other assistance post again.
9411john
Dabbler

Speedtouch 716WL

I too am having trouble with the 716WL. All worked OK until I upgraded firmware to V5.4. Phone would no longer ring when I had incoming PSTN call. Speedtouch say that this is a VOIP providor problem. Any one else have this problem or solved it. I have found that not all DECT phones work properly with VOIP. Would be interested to know if anyone has

1) got ringing on i/c PSTN calls to work with V5.4
2) got Caller ID to work for i/c PSTN calls under any firmware
3) found a way of force routing calls over PSTN (Speedtouch say dial *01* before number but this does not work for me)
N/A

Speedtouch 716WL

1) My phone rings on incoming PSTN calls. Other than buying a new phone I haven't done anything to the setup - it just worked. My old phone wasn't DECT.

2) Haven't tried this - my phone doesn't have caller id - it was cheap and cheerful, less than £5.

3) *01* does work for me but only after using Telnet to alter the settings. I found the answer on ADSLGuide:
http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=voip&Number=2070572&page=&view=&sb=&o=
9411john
Dabbler

Speedtouch 716WL - PSTN calls and new firmware

Thanks for response and can now use *01* to force route PSTN calls.
Incidently has anyone upgraded to firmware v5.4? I did and after so doing my phone no longer rang on incoming PSTN calls. Had to revert to old firmware. Do not know if this is a DECT phone problem since I have found that not all DECT phones react the same when connected to VOIP modem/router - some will ring, some will not. So much for telecomms standards!! May be if we all bombard Speedtouch with the problem of Caller ID not working they might do something.
N/A

Upgrading firmware on 716wl v5

I upgraded the firmware to 5.4 a week ago and the ADSL modem became unstable. On switch on it would hold sync for around 20 minutes then the sync light would go out. When I rebooted the firmware it would only hold sync for 5 minutes. I got the 5.4 firmware from the speedtouch.co.uk website.

I went on a wild goose chase of thinking the router was overheating and then checking the circuit board for dry joints. Eventually I tried flashing back to the firmware on the supplied CD and the problem went away.

Still struggling to make it work on Plustalk. I did think that this router was supported on Plustalk but the Plustalk setup instructions are ambigious.