cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spammed by competing ISP

N/A

Spammed by competing ISP

I am careful as to whom I give my details to, and was particularly surprised to find an ISP called "surfband" (www.surfband.co.uk) sending unsolicited e-mails. If this is the way they conduct their buisness it doesnt bode well for the rest of the company.

I reported it to abuse@surfband.co.uk and cc'd to plusnet. Has anyone else recieved this kind of spam form this company? I'm sure PlusNet might want to know about it!

Vince
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Spammed by competing ISP

It is very likely the senders email address was spoofed - i.e. they did not actually send it.

This is how a lot of spam is sent out, rendering the original sender anonymouse.
N/A

Spammed by competing ISP

err,

www.surfband.co.uk

... :roll:
Community Veteran

Spammed by competing ISP

packerwilliams, your reply doesnt make any sense.

As Peter suggested it may be spoofed, perhaps the emails are even advertising the company's website, but this doesnt necessarily mean they sent the email, although its still possible they did send it.

The best thing to do is just ignore and delete it in either case, just like you chuck junk snail mail in the bin (or recylce it if you are enery conscience like me Smiley
Community Veteran

Spammed by competing ISP

I also suggest you read the following tutorial which explains all about spoofed email which is the most commen way SPAM is delivered.

Email: Spam FAQs