cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam from my own domain

N/A

Spam from my own domain

I've had a look round and I cant find any other topics on this subject
I've recently started getting a few Spam mails which seem to come from my own domaine (which is hosted by plusnet.) They are addressed to sales@dosch-uk.com and come from sales@dosch-uk.com.
If I'm getting these mails, are these people also using my address to send mail to other people ?
Am I likely to get banned ? How do I stop it happening ? (if it is at all possible to do so)
6 REPLIES
N/A

Spam from my own domain

Sadly, there is little you can do, other than to change your e-mail address. It's where they spoof your address and use it to send out spam. I've have it happen to me a few times.

As for being banned, banned from what? you could get added to an anti-spam list but without knowing how wide spread the address abuse is, it would be difficult to tell.
N/A

Spam from my own domain

I don't know how to change my email address, as far as I know anything@dosch-uk.com gets to me
as well as anything@dosch.plus.com
Besides, It's not recieving them that's the problem, am I likely to get done for spamming if other people are recieving them ?
N/A

Spam from my own domain

Sorry I didn't see the last bit 'till after I'd posted
N/A

Spam from my own domain

Besides, It's not recieving them that's the problem, am I likely to get done for spamming if other people are recieving them ?

Nah, it would be easy to prove that it wasn't you sending them by the e-mail headers.
N/A

Spam from my own domain

Thank's for putting my mind at rest, Ive been having nightmares.
Oh and thanks for the prompt replies
Andrew
N/A

Spam from my own domain

No Probs, glad to help

Cheers,

Aaron