cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorting false "Undelivered Mail"

N/A

I'm used to having "undelivered mail" notices containing a virus going to an unused address, and delete them immediately. Sadly I have had a couple to valid addresses of late, as I had recently sent out emails I opened them. Shockedops:
Fortunately Norton dealt with it. However is there a way of spotting these false "undelivered" emails?
TIA

[Moderatore note (by acarr) : Removed accidental duplicate thread]
2 REPLIES
N/A

They are not false undelvered e-mails.

They are genuine e-mails, and hence no way to spot them.

They work because spammers use your email address for the from address. When they send to sombody that doesn't exist, you get the failure report (because to a automated system, your where the person sending it).
lowry
Grafter

My PlusNet mailbox has thankfully had none of these yet but my MSN Hotmail account is full of the little blighters. Smiley All I can suggest is that as long as you keep your Anti-virus software and firewall up to date and that Windows is fully patched AND that you do not open these "undeliverable" emails in future (they may or may not be related to an undelivered message you sent but it will be too late if you find out Wink) ...you should be fine.

Hope you stay out of virus trouble Smiley
matt Wink