cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solwise SAR715

N/A

Solwise SAR715

I cannot login even and wondered if it is a router specific problem. I have disabled the firewall on my router and on my PC and it makes no difference.

On looking at the Diagnostic log I found:
Discovered Port Restricted Cone NAT Firewall.

Is this the problem and, if so, how do I change it?

Thanks
Chris
21 REPLIES
N/A

Solwise SAR715

No, thats just X-Lite recognising your firewall type. It usually hasn't got a problem with NAT and should be ok.

There is some contradiction when it comes to opening the ports as I've seen different people saying different things! The main ports that need opening for inbound and outbound are:
STUN: UDP 3478
SIP: UDP 5060
RTP: UDP 8000
RTCP: UDP 8001

I've also seen people opening huge ranges higher up but I'm not sure why and if you need them (I've not had to anyway).
N/A

Solwise SAR715

Surely completely disabling the firewall should have allowed the connection irrespective of which ports I should open?
N/A

Solwise SAR715

Disabling the firewall will just prevent any blocking the firewall is causing.

It then working is reliant of the firewall being the cause of your problems.
N/A

Solwise SAR715

I don't think its your firewall - I think you should just look at other parts of the diagnostic log and compare them to people in the "Can anyone connect?" thread.
N/A

Solwise SAR715

I have looked at the other thread but I get no <<RECEIVE>> message just a series of <<SEND>> so I thought it was my router.
N/A

Solwise SAR715

I have borrowed and installed an adsl modem and had no problems logging in. It isn't the firewall settings in the router as I tried logging in with the firewall disabled. That surely leaves me with something specific to the router.
N/A

Solwise SAR715

So did you set up the ports to forward on the router to your pc?
N/A

Solwise SAR715

I forwarded ports 8000 and 5060 udp transport although I thought I read somewhere that port forwarding was not necessary. I can only set up individual port forwarding so it is not practical to forward 35000 to 65000.
N/A

Solwise SAR715

Can you stick your pc in the DMZ temporarily and try that?
N/A

Solwise SAR715

Sorry, I do not understand what you mean by "stick your pc in DMZ". I have looked through my router configuration and can find no reference to DMZ except under packet filtering for the firewall and since it doesn't work when the firewall is disabled this does not seem relevant.
N/A

Solwise SAR715

I found a way to forward all transport types on all ports to my computer. I disabled the firewall. I still cannot login!
N/A

Solwise SAR715

Strange.... Sorry I can't help you any further than that then Sad If you are forwarding everything to your PC then that would be pretty much the same as putting your PC in the DMZ.
N/A

Solwise SAR715

Thanks for trying battaliondrive.
salts
Grafter

Solwise SAR715

For info, I have managed to call the voicemail (7001@sip.plus.net) service through my Solwise SAR715, but only for a short time (software crashed).

The software I'm using is linphone, could not get the X-lite thing to install, and it is proving very temperamental - which I think is the root cuase of my problems (not the firewall).

As for settings, initially had the firewall disabled (probably whilst it registered) and made a couple of calls without any problems, the only port forwarding that was required was for the voice channel (7078 for linphone).

Will be trying a new application tonight (MythPhone) and snooping on the network to see what packets are exchanged.

Have also had a couple of times when the router locked up - not clear what the cause of this was.