Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sobig ?

N/A

Sobig ?

Does this have anything to do with the SOBIG worm Virus? :roll:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm afraid the message returned below could not be delivered to one or more destinations.

Undeliverable message to akhkjh@aol.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Using a server ID Utility on r.browser@btopenworld.com i have this information
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Initiating server query ...
Looking up IP address for domain: r.bowser@btopenworld.com
The IP address for the domain is: 64.94.110.11
Connecting to the server on standard HTTP port: 80
[Connected] Requesting the server's default page.
The server returned the following response headers:
HTTP/1.1 302 Found
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 13:40:18 GMT
Server: Apache

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I use Outlook Express, and i`m able to place the curser over the email ready for deletion, but it always gives the same message, but different address.

I generally just delete these messages, cause I dont open what I dont expect?
However, I`m getting frikin loads of these now and I`m curious? Can virus`s open just by looking at the properties and header information of an email, without actually opening the email ?

I have tried to send to a friend, an email attachment with the header information, But MSN detects a virus in the attachment?.If I send without the header information, MSN does not detect a virus.

I use ZoneAlarm, AVG6 antivirus and AVAST ! virus checkers, and none of these have detected any virus`s on my machine.

Hopefully this is sufficient information for you to tell me whats happening, but keep it simple for me please?

Chas
6 REPLIES
N/A

Sobig ?

It certainly is a virus of some sort, there are lots of variations on a theme its not come from you and you can check this by looking at the headers.
N/A

Sobig ?

Cry . you have the same problem as me.
someone out there, be it a spammer or other user has your domain on their address book. a virus/worm (sobig or klez ) is mass mailing various servers across the world to fictitious accounts with your domain name and a false alias. you then get a bounced email. i am getting 300 per day! and i have checked my PC *4 times with the current online checkers from the reputable companies

colm rafferty
N/A

Sobig ?

These newer worms no longer just use your address book for entries.

It scans all HTML and e-mails. That means your e-mail address n cached pages, and if you had been a CC to a large e-mail.

Yes, this includes spammers too, however, network companies with networked drives will also suffer from scannin of other media, thus obtaining more.
N/A

Sobig ?

AVG6 (free edition) last week detected and protected me from an email borne Sobig virus which was safely quarantined in the AVG vault.

:lol:
N/A

Sobig ?

If you like AVG 6 Free, then you would love to pay for AVG 7.

The engine is far more reliable now.
N/A

Sobig ?

I just got 7, and I can highly recommend it. Best things have to be the very fast update servers, and the internal mail servers to allow better email protection. Well worth the money.