cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup Problems for multiple mailboxes in Outlook Express

Tin_Hat

Hi Guys,
I've got multiple mailboxes setup solely with PlusNet but can't configure Outlook Express to recognise my other mailboxes inparticular any that have a '+' sign in the 'username' field box. Outlook will only identify my original mailbox and no variances setup with ISP?

I don't have this problem at all with Incredimail which recognises usernames that include + sign variance and therefore retrieves all my mail successfully !!

Can anyone advise workaround thanks?

Glenn

Moderators note (John) Topic moved to an appropriate forum.
5 REPLIES
N/A

Can I ask what error message if any, that you get when using a username with + in it?
Community Veteran

Shouldn't be a problem. I collect from 4 mailboxes using Outlook Express.
Are you putting a space before or after the + sign? If so it won't work?
The format should be username+mailboxname and do allow an hour or so for it to propogate to the servers before it starts to work.
Tin_Hat

Hi John,
Will wait for Outlook setup recognition to kick in but have my doubts of course. Thanks for the prompt feedback and i'll let you know soon if successful.

Regards.
Glenn
Community Veteran

It shouldn't take more than 24 hrs from setting up the mailboxes to being able to download mail from them.
If it it still won't work after that then there is a problem.

As I said in my first reply I have no difficulties at all in collecting mail from named mailboxes using Outlook Express.
If you are certain that Outlook Express is set up properly with username+boxname as the address and the correct password for the box then I am baffled as to why it wont work.
hektorshouse
Grafter

Hi Angelhouse.....

I gave up using Outlook Express due to problems and security issues. I now use The Bat by Ritlabs. Check it out, each account setup avoids issues such as rule setups and once you know what to do for confiuration, its easy from there.

Email me for advice if you like and use it.