cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up forms on the Frontpage server

N/A

Hi.

I am new to setting up Frontpage websites and need a little help. I have tried setting up an email form but it does not appear to work, Well it does not send an emails to my address anyway. Are there any help files on how to set up this facility and does Plus.net fp server support this facility?

Irvin Metcalf
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Yes it should work without too much problem. Best thing is to check the help files in MS Frontpage and see if you have it right.

Chris
N/A

Hi Chris.

Thanks for your reply.
Have checked out the help files and I think I have set the form up correctly but I don't know where the email is going to. Also by default a text file is sent to a private file on the FP server but how do you read it. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Irvin
Community Veteran

The emails goto chairman@ your plus.com email address which should be fine, however check that you dont have any extra mailboxes setup or message rules in your mail client.

From what I can see the code in your site looks fine, however it's a long time since I've used any Frontpage stuff, but I don't see any problems with it.

If it was hosted on the main webserver I would recommend the preloaded CGI scripts, however these don't work on the FP server.

You could use web folders to access the files in your Frontpage space.

Chris
N/A

Hi Chris.

Thanks for your assistance. I am still experiencing some problems. For example when I try to submit my form I get a

(front page error. please get your webmaster to see the servers system log for more details.)

Can you please tell me what this means and how do I look at the servers system log?

Sorry to be a pain. But your help would be appreciated.

Regards

Irvin
Community Veteran

To be honest I wouldn't know.

The logs might be stored in one of the private directories in your FP space and webfolders is probably the easiest way to check these.

Chris