cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up e-mail account

N/A

Hi,

I've just changed the settings in my e-mail program (Incredimail) to the Plus Net ones and have made it my default account. However, when trying to send e-mails, an error message is appearing saying 'failed to connect to the outgoing server' and is referring to the old Tiscali server address.

I'm probably missing something blindingly obvious...help!

Jo
8 REPLIES
csogilvie
Grafter

Did you cahnge the outgoing mail server (SMTP) to relay.plus.net?
N/A

Yes, the SMTP server is relay.plus.net. Should I remove the old Tiscali account and see if that helps?
csogilvie
Grafter

When you say you "changed your settings" - what did you actually do?
N/A

I selected accounts in the tools menu and then selected 'add an account' and followed the account wizard...is that wrong?
csogilvie
Grafter

Is it possible that your Tiscali account is still trying to send mail through Tiscali and its currently set as your default address?
N/A

Yes, although Tiscali was not set as my default address it was still trying to use it. Have now deleted that account and my plus net account is working fine. Thanks for your help

Jo
N/A

You do know that Incredimail is not that secure. You did read the disclaimer !!
N/A

You do know that Incredimail is not that secure. You did read the disclaimer !!

I use incredimail now as I lost my Outlook a while back it just vanished. What is not secure about it? i sometimes experience problems when it is open and I close it again. I do like all the different things you can do with it. Please explain what you mean. Many thanks.

:?