cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up a hosted domain name for use with email

N/A

I'm trying to set up a domain that I have hosted with PlusNet but I'm having no success. I've used the portal to setup a couple of mailboxes with my basic account name (which is digitalpixel) eg <digitalpixel>+<stuart> and this works fine.

The problems begin when I want to do the same with my domain (404digital.com)

Ideally I want to have mail for myself routed through to stuart@404digital.com and any other names routed through to their own mailboxes. Does anyone know how to set this up? Doing this with my previous ISP was a doddle, but for some reason PlusNet seems to be lot more complicated!

Any help would be appreciated :-)

Stu
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

I have a domain on my account mcm-communications.co.uk when someone sends me an e-mail to daniel.mcgiff@mcm-communications.co.uk it goes into the mailbox daniel.mcgiff on my PN account the same happens with daniel.mcgiff@no7olivier.plus.com the domain will be on all mailboxes but if people send mail to mailbox@digitalpixel.plus.com it will go to the relevant mail box regardless of the domain, the domain only shows if it is set in the mail software.
N/A

Hi there!

That makes a bit more sense now, just out of interest did you find out how to set this up from any support docs on the PN portal or did you figure it out yourself?

Regards,

Stu
Community Veteran

What I described is the default setting for domains as far as I am aware, all i needed to do was get PN to refresh my mailboxes or something as stuff to the new domain was getting sent back to the orginal sender.
N/A

I've just had a word with technical support and apparently something is going a little amiss with the emails. Apparently anything sent to stuart@404digital.com should automatically get routed to my stuart@digitalpixel.plus.com mailbox, likewise with any other email accounts that I have set up.

Hopefully I'll get it sorted soon, it's driving me nuts!

Stu