cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Up Mozilla Thunderbird

N/A

Hi, I need some help on setting up Thunderbird as my mail client. Using the same details as I use in Outlook Express doesn't work, I keep getting an error:

Any idea why this is happening? I asked on the Mozillazine forums today and I didn't get the help I need, plus I asked on there several months ago and no one answered my question at all.

Thanks for any help if you can give it.
6 REPLIES
csogilvie
Grafter

It looks like either your username or password is wrong, to be honest...
N/A

u have it set wrong Smiley there is an option to send the data (at least in thunderbird) that needs to be UNticked its under the server option

under outgoing server - you should have "use name and password" untick that and see if it works

Buz
csogilvie
Grafter

Yes, except "Mail" is the incoming (POP) server and you can't connect to it on port 25, so it would be a different error Wink
Community Veteran

Are you setting up your default mailbox or a named mailbox. If a named mailbox your login is username+mailboxname and the password you setup for mailboxname. If it's your default it is just username and your normal portalpassword.

If I remember, you don't actually enter the password when you setup the account, you are asked for it the first time you use it and it's saved with all the other passwords if you selected the password manager to remember it. So you may have entered it incorrectly the first time it asked.

You shoul be offered the chance to re-enter it again after a few failures - do you get this?

If not, alter the login name slightly and it will ask you for the password again. Just put any name in. After this fails a few times change the login name back and it should ask for the password again.

You should also veryify the password is correct via the mailboxes link in the member centre section on the left.
N/A

Hi,

I had the same problem, although in my case, it worked for 2 months and then suddenly stopped and now it always asks for my password.

I've since removed thunderbird for that reason, as I couldn't get it to work.
N/A

Thanks for all the replies. I still can't figure this out from the replies here or the ones I recieved on Mozillazine. Nothing is making sense and this is very frustrating because nothing I try will work.

Cheers though.