cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Pack2 and Xara webstyle2

Community Veteran

I have found the first thing so far on my machine that SP2 stops working.

Having let windows XP insall service pack 2 I have discovered that a program called Xara Webstyle 2 gets no further than the first screen where you select the type of effect that you want i.e Buttons, Headers, Navbars etc.

I uninstalled and reinstalled and it was just the same. Took out SP2 and it works properly, put SP2 back and it wont work again so it looks like it is an SP2 problem.
However after a bit of fiddling about I discovered that if you select the "Load" option on the left then it opens up an explore window and by using the view panel on the right you can actually get to all the features.
Not as convenient as using the direct navigation but at least the program is still useable after a fashion.

So if you do use this program which incidentaly came as a freebie with the PCPlus Magazine a few years ago then you can still make it work even though it initialy seems that it wont. :roll:
2 REPLIES
rhosybol
Grafter

I have just looked at Xara's website, OI notice that there is a more uptodate verion of Xara Webstyle, would this work on SP2?

A quick look in their knowledgebase and SP2 is not listed.
Community Veteran

Yes there is a more up to date version. Thats why they were prepared to "give away" the version I have got, hoping that I would be so impressed that I would buy the later version.
I havn't done that as version 2 is good enough for what I need so unfortunately I cant comment on the later version working properly with SP2.

I dont know if they offer a free 30 day free trail on the site though. They did on the DVD that version 2 came on ? If so you could download it and see. :roll: