cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serm32.exe, firewall activity monitor, VIRUS?

N/A

Having recently installed 'Tiny' firewall, I have noticed that my computer would appear to be sending information or trying to conect to various other computers. The 'application' is 'serm32.exe', the 'access' is outbound TCP and the 'object' which I presume means the destination is over a hundred different IP addresses per minute, most of which are 80.229....... which I beleave are Plus.net customers. Can someone please advise me if this is normal or whether I have some sort of virus on my system?

Thanks
Robert
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

From the sites I found via google you have a trojan, couldn't find a cleaner for it though as most where in german translated via babelfish
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Community Veteran

This is almost certainly the sircam virus.
You can get a fix for it from http://www.symantec.com which is Nortons site.

Note. This topic moved to a more suitable forum.
N/A

Thanks for your comments.

I have downloaded the fix from symantec but it did not find any trace of the sircam virus. However, after searching on google and another german discussion forum, it was suggested to download 2 programmes called 'BugOff' and 'Qwik-Fix' which are both free. Having done this it would appear to have resolved the problem.
Thanks again
Robert
Community Veteran

So if it wasn't the sircam virus did the programs you downloaded give any clues as to what it actually was?
This would be useful information for the future. Cool