cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending emails in Outlook

Rourkefamily
Grafter

I have a URL for easy email addresses at home. Registered and hosted with Freeola.

Using my PlusNet account I can receive my emails, but if I need to send I have to connect to Freeola.

Is it not possible to send from these email addresses using PlusNet?
3 REPLIES
N/A

The reason for this is to stop non freeola customers connecting to there email servers to send out spam. Plusnet do the same if you try to send mail via plusnets servers from your freeola account, it wont work.

Andy.
Rourkefamily
Grafter

Is my only alternative to move hosting to PlusNet?
Community Veteran

I'm not sure I fully understand what you are doing and what the URL is for? Are you using freeola's webmail or some other web based email or something else to send emails?

If you are connected to the internet via a Plusnet connection then you use PlusNets SMTP server, relay.plus.net, to send emails.

If you are connected to the internet via freeola connection then you must use their SMTP server to send emails.

There should be no problem sending emails as 'someone@freeola.xxx' from your plusnet connection via relay.plus.net.

I don't understand what your 'hosting' has to do wih this though which probably means I don't understand anything about what you are trying to do?

[append]
Just noticed you mention outlook in te title. Again if you connect via pl=usntet you must modify your account to use plusnets SMTP server to send. If you connect via freeola you must modify the account to use freeolas SMTP server.

If you frequently switch between PN and Freeola connections then you have to figure out a way to have several profiles on your PC to use the correct SMTP server. This still has nothing to do with hosting so I'm still unsure if I understand what you are doing.