cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending emails in Outlook Express

N/A

I can receive emails but can't send them - I get Error no. 0x800ccc0e or similar. Also it says 'one of the recipients was rejected by the server' 550 relay not permitted ....

Any ideas?
3 REPLIES
holdtight
Grafter

Hi and welcome to the forums

A very quick google search on that error message shows This from the microsoft site

It would appear to be an antivirus or firewall security setting being set too high, the most likely culprit being the firewall, which one are you using is it norton internet security by any chance ?

Briefly turning the firewall off or lowering the settings and then try to
send / recieve your email should tell you whether this is the case or not

Bill.
N/A

Hi Bill

We are not using a firewall or antivirus programme at the moment - disabled them to see if that was the problem.

I have just tried to send an email to a friend and it said their email address was rejected!!! This is crazy as they sent an email and it was received ok.

This is the exact error message we got:-

"The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. ......
Subject 'hello', Account: 'pop3.mail.plus.net', Server: 'relay.plus.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 relay not permitted', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79"

I have re-entered the account details but nothing has changed

Steph
holdtight
Grafter

It would seem from the error message that the email is being rejected from the server at your friends ISP this sometimes happens if they have put a block on incoming mail from certain IP addresses for spam reasons

Which service provider is your friend using Steph ? i dont like to presume anything but is it AOL as this has been a frequent problem

It may help you get a clearer understanding of what the problem could be by having a look here http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=217534

Bill.