cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending email from domain to a specific address

N/A

Hey peeps.

Right I have 2 domain names now hosted on Plus net but I want the email from one of the domains to all go to a specific address. The problem is there doesnt seemt o be an option to do this other than to send specific addresses from all the email address eg plus.com, kopite-1.co.uk and pjs-kitchen.com

What I want is for all emails to pjs-kitchen to go to one specific address.

Does this make sense?
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Yes and no Wink

If you have several domains hosted under a single plusnet account then...

All email to fred@kopite-1.co.uk or fred@pjs-kitchen.com will go into a mailbox called fred@username.plus.com. You can't redirect mail from fred@kopite.co.uk to a named mailbox and the same applies to fred@pjs-kitchen.com.

PlusNet can't handle separate mailboxes for domains you have, all mail will eventually end up in a similarly named @username.plus.com mailbox.

You also can't do a general redirect of all mail for a domain. You can only redirect named @username.plus.com mailboxes.

Basically you can't do what you want to do.

There is an idea already raised to be able to handle email from domains independantly but when or if this will be done I have no idea.
N/A

Hmm so basically I`m gonna have to set up specific names for use with each site

ie

Bob@kopite-1.co.uk

and

Fred@pjs-kitchen.com

and then do it that way?

Its not ideal but its workable.

THing is the site i`m setting up is for my brother so I wanted all the mail for him to go to his personal account.

Cheers for you help Smiley