cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure Form on Page Front Page Extensions Site

N/A

Can anyone help? Want to put a secure page (https) on the website. Have read all about SSL and FTP'd a webpage to the homepages server etc.

This does not work! Is this because there is an index file on the homepages server that redirects everything back to the FP server?

I am sure I read somewhere that you cannot use SSL with Front page?

There is probably an easy answer but I cannot think of it!

Regards

travelclubber
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

No, SSL is only available on the main server, not on the Frontpage server or CGI.

Chris
N/A

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I understand that SSL must be on the homepages server. However, is there any way I can link back from the front pages server to the homepages server to achieve the secure page(s) that I want?

OR Is there an alternative solution?

regards

Travelclubber
Community Veteran

No,

The SSL security only relates to pages on the normal webserver, there is no way to get what you want to work other than moving all your stuff to the homeages server and not using FP extensions.

Chris
N/A

Thanks again for your reply and your help. I understand - It seems like a lot of work just to get one or two secure pages.

Front Pages would seem to be more hassle than it's worth!

Regards

Travelclubber
Community Veteran

Frontpage is always more hastle than it's worth. My advice is bin it off and use something else if thats possible for you.

Otherwise just forget the Frontpage extensions and use eveything else and upload it to your normal webspace.

Chris