cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search and Destroy updates

N/A

Hi all,

Wondering if anyon can help. I have downloaded S&D and tried to run the updates but I get error messages. I tried to run the manual update but it cannot extract the files for writing. Anyone have any idea on what the problem could be or how to fix it??

Failing that..... anyone know of another free spyware/adware program??

Thanks
6 REPLIES
N/A

Hi!

The default server in S&D's Update interface stopped working a long time ago. That's why you're seeing error messages.

Right click on that tab to bring back a list of mirrors and choose another one. I use Safer Networking (Europe)1 without any problems.
N/A

That is the server that it uses by default anyway. Got the updates to install but it is still not letting me chack for problems
Alecto
Grafter

I've just downloaded updates from Safer Networking 2 and it's running the check OK.
Try that one, and if it doesn't work, the quickest thing rather than mess about is just to uninstall it, run crap cleaner, then download and reinstall it.
N/A

Tried every sever and it still doesn't work. Reinstalled it more than once already and it doesn't work either. The only thing I can think of is to do the manual update, this however does not work either as it still freezes on the library files in the update, it says that it cannot extract the file for writing...
Alecto
Grafter

And have you run crap cleaner between installs to clear out anything that's left?
Can't think of anything else- that's always done it for me. Cry
N/A

yeah, tried everything. Ah well, no problem, moved on and am using spy sweeper now.

Thanks for all your suggestions.