cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUN

N/A

STUN

In an early post I got help connecting linksys pap2t to plus.net.

I subsequently have connected successfully to voip.co.uk but they require STUN to be set to off.

My plus.net connection now no longer works. Does anyone know if it is possible to connect to plus.net voip without stun set? Or are the two services incompatible?

Or is it possible to set STUN independently for line 1 and line2 of the pap2t - it is not obvious to me that it is

Thanks Allan
2 REPLIES
cynicalone
Dabbler

STUN

STUN is a method used by a software or hardware device to discover what type of firewall you are behind. Therefore, I would not expect it to be a configurable option on a per line basis, sorry.

As for being incompatible, I would hope not. Can you describe the problem your having, is the PAP2 registering the line ? If so, can you say if the phone never dials, always times out, or is never able to answer calls ?

HINT - PAP2 will only give a dial tone on the phone hand set if the line is registered.
N/A

STUN

voip.co.uk - my real provider specifically say turn stun off
I have queried this with them.

If I do this when connecting to Line2 - set up for plus.net I get no dial tone. If I switch stun on - I get a dial tone. And can call using plus.net.

Must admit I did not try using the voip.co.uk line with stun set - I took their word for it that STUN was not compatible with their service.