cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMTP Error 554 Synchronisation error

N/A

I have a new PDA with versamail that I am accessing though a bluetooth connection to my mobile phone. I can receive mail but get an SMTP 554 syncronisation error message when I attempt to send anything. Is this a CLI problem? I have added my mobile phne to the CLI list but the problem still persists. I have thoroughly checked my connection settings and everything sens to be OK. My mobile is sending it's number out when I make calls. Any ideas folks?
5 REPLIES
N/A

What number are you attempting to connect to the internet with?

You can't connect to a 0808 number from a mobile phone, and it much be the 0845 local rate number.

The same applied for GPRS. you can't use the PlusNet relay servers using your phone networks GPRS services, but must connect via a dialup connection.
N/A

Hi Phil,

I am using the 0845 number to connect. I don't have a preblem receiving mail, just sending it!

Chris
Community Veteran

What 0845 number are you using: PlusNets or your mobile phone service providers?

Try the PlusNet number shown in this thread which is designed for mobile access.

Also what SMTP server are you using for sending: PlusNets (relay.plus.net) or your mobile service provider? If you are connecting using your mobile service provider's 0845 number you must use their SMTP server to send email, if you are using PlusNet's 0845 number (or the one in the above link) you must use PlusNets SMTP server.
N/A

Peter,

I have been using the 08451400101 number to connect to PlusNet. I have also tried to 0870 number and have been able to commect to PlusNet using both of these.

I am also using the relay.plus.net server for outgoing mail and mail.plus.net for incoming messages.

Any more suggestions?

Chris
N/A

Thanks everyone.

I have managed to resolve this now. I deleted all of the setting from my PDA and set up a new connection and everything is working beautifully.

Thnak you for taking the time to help me out.

Chris