cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returned mail that did not go out from me

stribs
Dabbler

Since thursday I have received about 2400 returned undeliverd emails however they did not originate from me they were sent from the CHINA NET servers. Over the last two or three weeks each day the number I receive goes up almost double each day. Emails to PLUS NET for help have been ignored. To date I have advised all those that send emails that went into the default catch all box of new email addresses, I have set up a new POSTMASTER box so that I can get mails from PLUS NET, and stopped down loading teh default catch all box and checking the mail on the webmail. I am unable to use the FOLDER MANAGER or spam rules (they are greyed out) can anyone advise what else I can do, short of moving ISP, to resolve the problem. I have sent some sample spams to the CHINA NET abuse team all that happens is whoever is using their servers just changes the email from address to some thing else @myusername.plu.com
3 REPLIES
N/A

You have to login using imap and not pop3 protocol.
N/A

You can also go here to disable the catch all.
stribs
Dabbler

Thank you for the info re pop3 & imap at least I can ditch most of the returned mail that is marked as spam. I can't switch off the catch all yet as I am still receiving mail using that facility. I have set up aliases or advised companies etc to use new email addresses once I have caught all of them with the aliases etc I will switch of catch all.

Thank you once again