cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieving sent mail?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Retrieving sent mail?

I sent a email last week using my PN account, but since then I had to reinstall that PC, so the copy of it was lost[primary HD died]. So is there anyway for me to retrieve it from the mail servers?
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
3 REPLIES
N/A

Retrieving sent mail?

No.

When e-mail is sent, the e-mail server will only store it for as long as is needed to send it. Once it has confirmed it has been sent by itself, it will delete it.

This will go down the chain until it arrives at the destination machine. It will sit on that server, until the end users mail client or mail server information it should be deleted.

Only a log of that the message passed through will have been kept by PlusNet, incase it needs to chase up diagnostic information.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Retrieving sent mail?

hmm well its lost then, you think you have taken enough backups and then a HD dies on you. Time to dust on some floppies again for important emails/docs Sad
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

Retrieving sent mail?

Can you remember who you sent the mail too ? Just send another mail to them and ask for the original mail that you sent them ??

Spark88