cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing an intrusive ISPs logo and wording

N/A

Just wonderd if anyone can advise as to the best way to remove an old ISPs intrusive logo and wording that seems to have imbeded itself into my IE6 and Outlook Express.
I use netbreeze Pay As You Go to test my line/connection/backup and other things, I set this account up a while back but now need to purge my PC of this.

The ISP info was set up by a CD installation which deposited the netbreeze logo into the top right hand corner of my IE6 and Outlook Express pages, along with the words "provided by netbreeze" along the top of the window.

Is there a way to remove all this.
Thanks,

Tom.
6 REPLIES
N/A

Think all ISP's are the same if the installation is by CD or downloaded from the net.
May be if you signed up with +net pay as you go and downloaded connection sttings etc. from the portal, it would over write your existing logo :?:

Less anyone is a bit more technic than that :!:
N/A

I think these logos and the associated wording are very stubborn to get out, I was hoping it didn't involve a complete re-installation of Windows XP.
Maybe there is a way to get at it and remove it without such a drastic re-installation.
Just removing IE6 and replacing it alone would be a way. If I could do that and only that from the supplied Windows XP disc that might do it but I am not sure if you can be so selective in choosing what to install and what not to install.
Any of you PC experts have any ideas for a mere novice.

Tom.
Community Veteran

Download X-Setup Pro.

After it's installed run it, select the classic option. Then click internet -> Internet Explorer -> Appearence and change the Window Title field (make it blank to use Windows default). Do the same for Outlook express (outlook express -> appearance -> WIndows title) further down the selection.
N/A

Download X-Setup Pro.

After it's installed run it, select the classic option. Then click internet -> Internet Explorer -> Appearence and change the Window Title field (make it blank to use Windows default). Do the same for Outlook express (outlook express -> appearance -> WIndows title) further down the selection.

Great thanks very much Peter, I have removed the wording etc.

Thanks,

Tom.
LiamM
Grafter

I believe PlusNet are nice and don't overwrite the typical settings or customise ur browser for you...
csogilvie
Grafter

You can download an INS file which will brand your browser (and setup an 0845 connection) if you wish Smiley