cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove accounts from Outlook

rhosybol
Grafter

I have just tried to remove my account out of Outlook, I followed the instructions and deleted the account so that now when I view accounts there are none listed.

The problem is that the emails are still listed in the inbox, is there a way to remove these without deleteing them of the mail server?
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Was this a POP3 or IMAP account?

If POP3, when you created the account in outlook, did you set 'keep a copy of the email on the server' or something similar?

If not, the only place those emails will exist is in outlook because when it downloaded them from plusnet's mail server, it automatically deletes them from the mail servers unless that setting was enabled. The is how POP3 email collection normally works.

If you were using IMAP they may still remain on the server. Use Webmail to see if they are still there.
rhosybol
Grafter

there is nothing listed in the email account online, those messages are still there in Outlook is there a way to put them back, even though there are no accounts listed in the accounts menu?
Community Veteran

The only way is to forward them individually to one of your email addresses. They can't just be put back on PlusNets mailserver.